Insights for sharing, discussion, and learning.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Master of Your Craft

On Saturday night, thanks to a wonderful customer, Corporate Cleaning, Sarah and I, along with our friends Jane and Cal, attended our first Pin Drop Concert in Spring Lake, MI. Pin Drop Concerts is one of three premier listening rooms in the United States. From what I understand the other two are located in Detroit and Chicago. Check out the Pin Drop Experience. My friends, just Shut Your Pie Hole!

We were there to see Michael Pearsall, the front man for the Washington DC band, Honor By August.

During the show Michael made a comment that resonated with me all day as I patiently raked my front yard. He said that he took a year off from college to "master my craft".

The question begs to be asked: What are you doing to master your craft?

From my experience, people fall into two distinct camps - and it's pretty much cut and dry - and the majority of people take the easy path.

Easy Path Camp:
  • "I already know everything I need to know. I am good enough"
Path Less Traveled Camp:
  • "I'm a life-long student. There's always more to learn and skills to hone"

Here's my quiet little shout out to those taking the Easy Path:


Easy Path people, in the world of distribution sales, make my day. They are the ones who exemplify my saying, "In the world of distribution sales you don't have to be great, you only have to be good because most distribution sales representatatives suck".

Choose your path wisely.

Master Your Craft!




No comments:

Post a Comment