Insights for sharing, discussion, and learning.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Stage Hook Storytelling

Yesterday at church, our pastor shared a personal story. What struck me was how the story grabbed me like a stage hook around the neck, dragged me to the edge of my chair, and pulled me in. He could have set the stage for his sermon points by citing facts and details from research. However, he opted to tell a story.
 


Story telling is an art. As a story builds, anticipation is created. Your attention is focused. You're on edge, breathlessly waiting for the ending.

"But... I can't tell stories, Glen". Take heart...even a poorly told story is better than sitting across from a customer and barfing out features and benefits.

Do you have stories to tell? Yes you do! Ultimately, customers want you to answer the simple question of: "Why, given all my options, should I buy from you and your company?"

Choose to formulate your answer inside of one or two success stories. If you've survived more than 12 months in sales, you have stories to share. The art is in how you craft your story.

As you engage prospects and customers, change your habitual tactics. Try telling a personal story. Use your stage hook, grab them around the neck, drag them to the edge of their chair and secure more opportunities and sales.


Achieve your goals by using your stage hook. Tell a story today

No comments:

Post a Comment